Society has been to organize Symposia/Seminars on topics of current National interest. Since its inception, the Society has organized the following National Symposia/Seminars and International Conference:
National Virtual Conference on ‘Current Trends and Challenges in Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology’during 20-21 November, 2020 jointly organized by BITS-Pilani, Goa & SPBB, New Delhi…………. read more
Book of Abstracts
- The first National Symposium on the “Role of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology in Improving Crop Productivity” at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi from November 18-19, 1991.
- The second National Symposium on the “Developments in Plant Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering” at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore from December 29-31, 1993.
- The third National Symposium on the “Role of Plant Biotechnology in Improving Agriculture challenges and opportunities, and Physiological & Biochemical Basis of Crop Yield” at the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur from March 23-25, 1995. This Symposium was co-sponsored by the Society for Plant Physiology & Biochemistry.
- The fourth National Symposium on “Current Trends in Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology” was organized at CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar from February 23-25, 1996.
- The fifth National Symposium on the “Role of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology in Improving Crop Productivity” was organized at ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Barapani, Meghalaya from March 18-20, 1997.
- The sixth National Symposium on the “Role of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology in Improving Crop Productivity” was held at University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore from March 4-6, 1999.
- The seventh National Symposium on “Biotechnology for Sustainability in Agriculture” was held at GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar from April 27-29, 2000.
- The eighth National Symposium on the “Relevance of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology-Modern Trends” was held at The American College, Madurai (TN) from March 1-3, 2001.
- The ninth National Symposium on the “New Opportunities and Challenges for Improving Crop Productivity through Biotechnology” was organized at the Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar from February 13-15, 2002.
- ICAR sponsored Workshop on “Harnessing the Benefits of Biotechnology” was organized in collaboration with the NRC on Plant Biotechnology, Pusa Campus from March 27-29, 2008.
- The first “International Conference on Plant Biotechnology for Food Security : New Frontiers” was organized by the Society and the National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology, in association with the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi from Feb 21-24,2012.
- The tenth National Conference on “Science of Omics for Agricultural Productivity: Future Perspectives” was organized at GBPUAT during 4-6 March, 2014.
- The eleventh National Symposium on ‘Germplasm to Genes: Harnessing Biotechnology for Food Security and Healthwas organized by the Society and the National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology during 09-11 August, 2015
- The twelfth National Symposium on ‘Transgenic Crops in India: Progress and Challenges’ was jointly organised at CCSHAU Hisar during 16-17 March, 2016
- The thirteenth National Symposium on Connecting Innovations in Plant Biology for Food and Nutritional Security at WTC, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi on 19.11.2018
- Workshop on Proteomics and metabolomics: application in agriculture for enhancing productivity and processability at Division of Biochemistry, ICAR-IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi on 19.08.2019
- The fourteenth National Conference on ‘Integrative Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology’ at ICAR- Indian Institute of Rice Research, Hyderabad during 08-09 November, 2019
- Workshop on: Genome Editing for Enhancing Plant Productivity and Stress Tolerance’ on 10-12 November, 2019 at ICAR-IIRR, Hyderabad
- Two days workshop for School students (XI-XII Class) on Transgenic Crops: Technology and Application’ during 20-21 January, 2020 at ICAR-NIPB, New Delhi
- Live Webinar on “Nutrition, Immunity and Covid-19” jointly organized by ICAR-IARI & SPBB, New Delhi (30 September, 2020)